Backend Game Programmer
- Department: Code
- Location: Remote (UK) / Malta
- Type: Permanent
- Apply now
Exient is a leading developer and publisher of mobile free-to-play games, including titles such as “Lemmings”, “Angry Birds Transformers”, “Dancing with the Stars” and many more. We are expanding with many exciting new projects and are looking for talented and driven staff with a passion for mobile gaming.
As part of the Live-Ops team, the candidate will design, develop and maintain our back-end solution built on top of Firebase and using various Google and Amazon cloud services. In close collaboration with analysts, designers, and management, the candidate will be responsible to produce technical solutions for online and back-end features. Supporting the development teams, the candidate will help to integrate the backend solution into our current and future games developed in Unity.
- 5+ years of professional back end development experience
- Several years of professional game development experience
- Proficient in the following build and deployment systems: Gitlab, Docker, AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Proficient in the following DB management: DynamoDB, RDBMS, Redis
- Demonstrable experience developing over Google Firebase, Big Query and other Google Cloud services
- Demonstrable experience using key AWS services (IAM, EC2)
- Unity / C# experience, ideally in a game development context.
- Able to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Familiarity with source controls systems (Perforce and git)
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all game related disciplines
- Self-motivated and organised, with the ability to estimate work complexity and time
- Fluent in English.
Helpful to have
- Experience designing & developing for backend systems for mobile applications
- Experience designing & developing data aggregation and analytics platforms
- Network, Machine learning, multiplayer, A/B testing programming experience
- Proficiency in Java, C#, SQL
- Project Management and/or DevOps experience
- Able to work in an iterative and agile production process
- Interest in mobile and free-to-play games.