Games Analyst (Senior)
- Department: Analytics
- Location: Remote (UK) / Malta
- Type: Permanent
- Apply now
Exient is a leading developer and publisher of mobile free-to-play games, including titles such as “Lemmings”, “Angry Birds Transformers”, “Dancing with the Stars” and many more. We are expanding with many exciting new projects and are looking for talented and driven staff with a passion for mobile gaming.
What you will be doing:
Exient is looking for a Senior Games Analyst. In this role, we are looking for someone with experience and a passion for analysing F2P mobile games. The ideal candidate will work with and mentor our other analysts across multiple titles to monitor game performance and core KPIs on a daily basis as well as designing and maintaining game telemetry.
You will also provide insights which will contribute to the optimisation of existing gameplay and the development of new features The candidate is also expected to perform deep-dive analysis on player behaviour and provide regular reports to the product teams.
The skills you need to succeed:
- A bachelor’s degree in maths, statistics, economics, computer science or a related field
- Experience visualising data and communicating results to a varied audience
- Experience in the design and implementation of analytical events
- Experienced in Firebase, Big Query & Data Studio
- Familiarity with SQL and its variants (or other data or maths-related languages)
- A pragmatic mindset – able to strive for full statistical rigour while maintaining a practical, ROI focused approach
- Good working knowledge of game economies and game balance in general
- Ability to work cross-discipline and communicate ideas with non-technical staff
- Self-motivated, organised, and able to estimate work complexity and time
- Experience as an analyst on at least one released F2P title, preferably mobile
- Fluent in English
Helpful to have:
- Experience of the following:
- Google Analytics, BigQuery, Firebase
- DeltaDNA, GameAnalytics, Redash or similar
- Statistical Modelling (Frequentist or Bayesian)
- Micro and Macro Economics
- A good balance of science and creativity
- Fast learner, adaptive to a highly changing business
- Able to work in an iterative and agile production process
- Interest in mobile and free-to-play games.