Artist – UI (Senior)
- Department: Art
- Location: Remote / UK / Malta
- Type: Permanent
- Apply now
Exient is a leading developer and publisher of mobile free-to-play games, including titles such as “Lemmings”, “Angry Birds Transformers”, “Dancing with the Stars” and many more. We are expanding with many exciting new projects and are looking for talented and driven staff with a passion for mobile gaming.
You will be essential in assisting our UI/UX efforts, by imagining, conceptualising, and implementing UI for gameplay features in an agile and iterative game development process. Focus your artistic talent to build quality products with a team of committed artists, designers and engineers. Creating clean, beautiful user interfaces, critical for success in the casual market space.
- Minimum 5+ years industry experience as a UI Artist.
- Strong understanding of UI and usability principles.
- Strong graphic design skills; typography, iconography, composition, layout, motion design and a keen eye for colour.
- Experience with Unity.
- Ninja level Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with 2D mockup/wireframing software.
- Experience with source control systems such as Perforce and/or Git.
- Work with the Art Director and feature owners to visualise elegant and fun solutions to complex ideas.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to creatively execute designs from wireframe through to final implementation.
- Work with production management to prioritise tasks and have a good understanding of workflows.
Helpful to have
- Experience with mobile / casual games.
- Experience with 3D modeling.
- Experience using other Adobe tools such as After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- A level head and not afraid of creative clashes.
- Willingness to help guide and mentor artists throughout all phases of development in creating high fidelity art.
Your portfolio should include examples of dynamic user interfaces that you have created. Showing a variety of stylization would be advantageous.
Demonstration of your process would be great to see. Sketches, wireframes, designs and final implementation.