- Department: Code
- Location: Remote / UK / Malta
- Type: Permanent
- Apply now
Exient is a leading developer and publisher of mobile free to play games, including titles such as “Lemmings”, “Angry Birds Transformers”, “Dancing with the Stars” and many more. We are expanding with many exciting new projects and are looking for talented and driven staff with a passion for mobile gaming.
You will be the driving force behind the studio’s technical vision, becoming the interface between technology and the studios desire to become the market leader in developing mobile games in terms of balancing reality with our creative passion. You will be comfortable taking on a mix of hands on programming as well as strategic planning. This is a unique opportunity to grow and shape the programming team for our studios and set the standards of excellence. Your deep knowledge and understanding of game programming across multiple platforms will enable you to offer advice and make recommendations to the teams.
You will have an excellent understanding of game design philosophies, game asset production, creative production processes and a deep understanding of assorted game engine pipelines. From a leadership perspective you will be required to Identify cross team efficiencies, lead recruitment activities, and achieve buy-in for updated procedures / working practices.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role or as a Lead Programmer (or equivalent).
- Expert knowledge of appropriate programming languages and software engineering principles, including but not limited to: Unity, Kubernetes, P4, GIT, AWS, Google Cloud, Firebase, BigQuery, TeamCity
- Expert knowledge of IDEs, debugging techniques and version control systems.
- Expert problem-solving abilities, ability to understand business requirements and offer appropriate cost/benefit analysis and solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert in F2P publishing back-ends
- Proven people-management and leadership skills.
- Can judge the complexity of tasks and provide consistently realistic estimate to support scheduling.
- Can quickly and effectively appraise proposed solutions and provide appropriate direction.
- Can take direction and work both within a team and autonomously.
- Can predict and manage the impact of change on adjacent disciplines such as art, design and QA.
- Can give long term direction to a large group and drive progress.
- Expert knowledge of multiple mobile platforms.
Strong command of the English language both spoken and written.
Demonstrate that you have
- Maintained awareness of studio strategy and external development and adopt appropriate solutions to avoid duplication of effort.
- Promoted the studio’s development work to the wider development community.
- Analysed, designed, and documented significant tools, systems and processes, in a shareable and forward-looking manner.
- Implemented required functionality to quality and on schedule in an extensible and easily maintainable fashion.
- Regularly communicated with colleagues, determining/relaying progress and escalating impediments.
- Championed training of more junior colleagues.
- Defined, adapted, promoted, and conformed to studio process, practices and standards to improve quality, predictability, and productivity.
- Proactively supported the development of external technologies by reporting issues and suggesting improvements.
- Encouraged external bias towards studio requirements.
- Maintained expert knowledge of appropriate programming languages and software engineering principles.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Led a multi-site team to incrementally achieve long term goals.
- Continue to develop knowledge of mobile platform(s).
- Provided strategic input into studios technical direction.
- Proven to have shipped several mobile F2P games